ADC is pleased to carry on the spirit of Portfolio Night together with Shutterstock. Introducing: the Great Portfolio Night Redo. This is your chance to take the advice you received at ADC Portfolio Night and put it into action — and maybe even win a creative director interview in the process!
We know that as students and juniors, you don’t always have the best images available to make your portfolio shine. That’s why Shutterstock — Global Sponsor of Portfolio Night and the people behind the napkin sketching contest in each Portfolio Night city — is giving you free access to beautiful high-resolution images to rework your book.
After you’ve used those images to kick your portfolio up several notches, you gotta show it so somebody, right? What if that somebody was Philippe Meunier, Creative Chief and Co-Founder of Sid Lee, the creative agency with clients such as Adidas, Absolute and Cirque du Soleil? All you have to do is submit one of your new and improved portfolio pieces, and you could win a one-on-one interview with Philippe — and he will definitely be interested in seeing what you’ve done with your Shutterstock images!
Follow these easy steps to enter:
1. Create a Shutterstock account here
2. Download up to 5 images to be used in your portfolio
3. Rework one (1) ad/campaign from your portfolio
4. Email the old ad/campaign AND the new ad/campaign to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 26, 2015 (don’t forget to include the Shutterstock “Image ID” number)
5. Winners will be announced on July 6, 2015.
Deadline: June 26, 2015
Submit JPG files, no larger than 5MB
Include an ad/campaign using a Shutterstock image(s)
Include the following with your submission:
- Your name
- Phone Number
- Website link (if you have one)
- Twitter handle (if you have one)
- The Shutterstock ID Number attributed to each image you used
Email submissions to email@example.com, include the subject line: Portfolio Night Redo – YOUR NAME
Details on redeeming free Shutterstock images:
• Create a Shutterstock account by clicking here
• You must create a new account to access the free images. If you have an existing account, please log out, click the link again and create a new account
• If you continue to have trouble with the link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Can I submit more than once?
Only one submission is allowed per person
2. Can a team submit together?
Yes, a team can submit together. If their ad is chosen, they will share the prize
3. How the winner be chosen?
ADC staff will select the best ad/campaign. Equal attention will be given to idea AND execution.
4. What is the prize?
A remote portfolio review with Sid Lee Creative Chief and Co-Founder Philippe Meunier
5. When will it happen?
Once the winner is announced, we will find a mutually agreeable date/time
6. Who is eligible for this contest?
Only those who registered and attended ADC Portfolio Night 13 are eligible to participate in the Great Portfolio Night Redo. If you received the email announcing this contest, you’re eligible!