Finally! We are excited to announce the return of ADC’s Photography Month to the ADC Blog next month. Photography Month was one of the first themed months we ever presented, and it was such a hit that it spawned all of the others, from Typography & Lettering to Motion & Animation to Creative Technology. Now, as a wildly successful Illustration Month winds down, it’s time to once again show love to the shutterbugs in the ADC community.
We are looking to showcase ADC Members who are also photographers, whether they’re professional vets, newcomers, students, or passionate amateurs. Fashion, food, portraiture, nature, architecture, action, expirimental, whatever your oeuvre, you are invited to submit! Selected Members will then be featured on the ADC Blog and across our ever growing social media channels.
Of course you must be a current ADC Member to be featured on ADC. Not a member? Join or renew today.
Here’s what we’ll need from you:
- Your headshot
- Location (City/State/Country)
- Contact info you’d like published (email/phone number/rep’s contact info if applicable)
- Twitter handle (so we can share your feature with our extensive social media network)
- Instagram handle (for the same reasons as Twitter)
- 8–12 samples of your work to go alongside your feature (optimized for web)
Then, just answer the following:
- How old were you when you became interested in photography? How did that interest come about, and how was it fostered?
- Do you remember the earliest photograph you ever took? Tell us about it!
- What type of photography would you say is your specialty, and how did it come to be your specialty? Can one be transient — starting in one area of photography but evolving into another?
- Define your photographic style in a single sentence.
- What’s your favorite camera to shoot with? What’s so awesome about it? Are there any specific accessories or tools you’d be lost without?
- What is the hardest part about making a living as a photographer? Any advice on how to overcome that challenge?
- Is there a particular project of yours of which you’re especially proud? What makes it so gratifying? (and please share that project with us!)
- What would be your dream client/project/collaboration?
- Nowadays everyone has ‘cameras’ in their pockets and Instagram on their phones. How has this changed the photography game? How has this changed your photography game?
- “So, you’re a photographer?” What’s the strangest question you’ve received when someone learned you are a photographer?
- What are your other creative outlets and sources of inspiration?
- Fill in the blank: “When I’m not shooting, I am…”
- Which professional photographers do you look up to, whether from afar or as mentors? What is is about these people that you love so much? (links to their websites if possible)
- When all is said and done, what is it about being a photographer that gets you up in the morning and drives your passion?
Please send your submissions — or any questions you might have — to me, Brett McKenzie, at email@example.com
And hurry — the deadline for submissions is March 1, 2016!