- Brooklyn, NY / Los Angeles, CA
- Designer / Animator / Film Maker
Santiago Carrasquilla, 27, is a designer, animator and filmmaker. He’s originally from Bogota, but hopped continents and cultures from an early age. With a degree from the School of Visual Arts in his pocket he pounded the New York pavements and landed an opportunity with Sagmeister and Walsh where he spent 3 years as an art director and designer. Today Santiago finds himself out on his own. Whether it be a collaboration with other artists or friends, outside clients or his personal work. He lives and works between Los Angeles and New York.
Instagram campaign for Beirut department store Aishti.
Creative direction Sagmeister & Walsh
Art direction and animations: Santiago Carrasquilla, Aaron Filkey and Saad Moosajee
Everything Is Everything
Music video for Gabriel Garzon-Montano’s first single off his first EP called ‘Everything is Everything’
1. Shot a bunch of live action footage. The main character is a man who has played guitar on the corner of 23rd St. and 7 Ave.
2. Put the video into an iPad then scanned the it while the films were playing.
3. After gathering thousands of these images they were then re-organized to make what essentially is a stop motion film.
Space People: Wet
Music video for SPACE PEOPLE