- CategoryArt Direction
- TitleA Love Letter to the Internet
- ClientNicole Fagin, Samsung
- CountryUnited States
- Executive Creative DirectorJesse Suchmann
- Creative DirectorAlena Cason, Allyson Paisley
- Art DirectorElle Abarca
- CopywriterJennifer D'Angelo
- Director of PhotographyShawn Kim
- Production CompanyBlacklist
- DirectorTerry Hall
- Executive ProducerAndrew Linsk
- ProducerHilary Downes, Alex Unick
- Head of ProductionIan Savage
- EditorPS260 - Robert Ryang, Ned Borgman, Colin Edelma
- Visual EffectsMargaret Yang
- Sound DesignWeAreFather
- Account DirectorSantiago Pochat, Kate Ringo
The internet is cool. The internet is funny. The internet is weird. The internet is wild. The internet is… middle age.
Happy 45th birthday, Internet.
Mobile Internet surfing surpassed desktop by 12% in 2015, coinciding with the Internet’s 45th birthday. Since digital culture and Samsung go hand in hand, we decided to celebrate with a card, or A Love Letter to the Internet. Shot in an array of mid-century locations, we wove together a vintage, Lo-Fi look and feel that juxtaposed beautifully with our digital subject matter. Critical attention was paid to details — from eccentric props and costumes, to the film’s color palette and typography. With Love Letter we pushed Samsung’s social content from “always on” lower-value posts to high-power content that truly spoke to fans in the language they know best: the language of the Internet.