Advertising, Architecture, Design, Digital/Technology, Events, Illustration, Motion/Film/Animation, Photography, Typography/Lettering April 10, 2012
Art Directors Club Announces Global Winners for ADC 91st Annual Awards!!!
For Immediate Release
Art Directors Club Announces Global Winners
for ADC 91st Annual Awards
Creative Artists Agency takes four Golds for Chipotle “Back to the Start”,
BETC Paris wins three Golds for CANAL+ “The Bear;
Designism and cumulative award winners to be named at May 8 gala during Creative Week in New York.
NEW YORK, April 10, 2012 – The Art Directors Club (www.adcglobal.org), the premier organization for creatives in integrated media and the first global creative collective of its kind, announces the international winners of the prestigious ADC 91st Annual Awards.
In a break from past years, the top ADC Gold Cube winner was not a traditional advertising or design agency: Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Los Angeles landed four Golds and two Silvers in Advertising, Interactive and Motion categories for Chipotle’s“Back to the Start”. The spot also garnered a Gold in sound design for Duotone Audio Group, New York. “The Bear” television commercial for CANAL+ was also highly recognized, winning three Advertising Golds and a Silver for BETC Euro RSCG, Paris and a Silver for MJZ, Los Angeles.
Other significant overall winners included School of Visual Arts with nine ADC Cubes, The New York Times Magazine with six (including a pair of Golds, one each in Design and Photography), Heimat Berlin with five (three Silver and two Bronze in Interactive and Integrated), BBDO New York and MJZ, Los Angeles with four, and Google Creative Labs, Leo Burnett Toronto, Leo Burnett Sydney and Pentagram Design with three Cubes each. This year’s winners represented 24 countries, reflecting the program’s global stature.
The awards will be celebrated during Creative Week at the ADC 91st Annual Awards Gala on May 8, 2012 at Espace (http://www.espaceny.com) in New York. At the awards gala, the club will announce the winner of its second-annual ADC Designism Award honoring work for a nonprofit that drives social or political change. In addition, recipients of this year’s Agency of the Year, Network of the Year, Design Team of the Year and School of the Year honors, based upon a cumulative points system, will be revealed. The exhibition of winning work opens May 9 at the ADC Gallery with a happy hour cocktail reception, 4:00-7:00 pm, and runs through May 24.
ADC Gold Cube winners in all categories are listed below.
Advertising: 37 ADC Cubes (10 Gold, 12 Silver, 15 Bronze, 14 Merit)
- BBH New York/Google Creative Labs, New York, NY, USA, for Google, “The Web Is What You Make Of It”, Advertising, TV/Film Television Commercial
- BETC Euro RSCG, Paris, France, for CANAL+, “The Bear”, Advertising, TV/Film Television Commercial
- BETC Euro RSCG, Paris, France, for CANAL+, “The Bear”, Advertising, TV/Film Cinema Commercial
- BETC Euro RSCG, Paris, France for CANAL+, “The Bear”, Advertising, Broadcast Craft, Direction
- Creative Artists Agency, Los Angeles, CA, USA, for Chipotle, “Back to the Start “, Advertising, Broadcast Craft, Animation
- Duotone Audio Group, New York, NY, USA, for Chipotle, “Back to the Start “, Advertising, Broadcast Craft, Television Music/Sound Design
- Jung von Matt AG, Hamburg, Germany, for Anders Sundt Jensen, Damir Maric, “The Invisible Drive”, Advertising, Ambient/Environmental Stunts/Guerrilla
- JWT Shanghai, Shanghai, China, for Samsonite, “Heaven and Hell”, Advertising, Press Craft, Art Direction
- LOWE/SSP3, Bogota, Colombia, for Ministry of Defense, “Operation Christmas”, Advertising, Ambient/Environmental Stunts/Guerrilla
- Young & Rubicam, New York, NY, USA, for Land Rover, “Pathological Liar “, Advertising, Broadcast Craft, Copywriting
Interactive: 26 ADC Cubes (6 Gold, 12 Silver, 8 Bronze, 4 Merit)
- BBDO Germany GmbH, Düsseldorf, Germany, for Daimler AG, “smart eball”, Interactive, Physical Innovation
- Creative Artists Agency, Los Angeles, CA, USA, for Chipotle, “Back to the Start“, Interactive, Online Content Original Web Commercials
- DDB Paris, Paris, France, for MINI France, “MINI Maps “, Interactive, Social Online Game
- kempertrautmann gmbh, Hamburg, Germany for edding International GmbH, “Wall of Fame”, Interactive, Website Campaign Site
- Mirada, Los Angeles, CA, USA, for IBM, “Think”, Interactive, Physical Installation
- MUH·TAY·ZIK | HOF·FER, San Francisco, CA, USA, for Call and Response, “Slavery Footprint”, Interactive, Website Campaign Site (micro-site)
Integrated: 12 ADC Cubes (2 Gold, 5 Silver, 5 Bronze, 3 Merit)
- Goodby, Silverstein & Partners, San Francisco, CA, USA, for Sprint, “All Together Now”, Integrated
- Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners, New York, NY, USA, for BMW North America, “BMW ActiveE – A Social Experiment Shaping the Future of Mobility”, Integrated
Design: 47 ADC Cubes (6 Gold, 11 Silver, 30 Bronze, 15 Merit)
- ART+COM, Berlin, Germany, for Deutsche Bank AG, “Anamorphic Mirror”, Design, Environmental Design, Retail/Restaurant/Office/Outdoor or Vehicle
- ayrcreative, Tokyo, Japan, for Daichinomi, “Handmade 2011 Calendar” Design, Corporate/Promotional Design Calendar or Appointment Book
- Happy F&B, Gothenburg, Sweden, for Göteborgstryckeriet, “Lost & Found”, Design, Corporate/Promotional Design, Booklet/Brochure
- Iyama Design, Inc., Tokyo, Japan, for Kamoi Kakoshi Co., Ltd., “mt train, mt expo, mt ex Hiroshima”, Design, Environmental Design, Retail/Restaurant/Office/Outdoor or Vehicle
- The New York Times Magazine, New York, NY, USA, in-house, “What Happened to Air France Flight 447?”, Design, Editorial Design: Magazine Cover
- Serviceplan Gruppe fur Innovative Kommunikation, gmbh & co. kg, Munich, Germany, for Austria Solar, “The Solar Annual Report”, Corporate/Promotional Design, Annual Report
Motion: 15 ADC Cubes (3 Gold, 5 Silver, 7 Bronze, 2 Merit)
- Creative Artists Agency, Los Angeles, CA, USA, for Chipotle, “Back to the Start “, Design, Motion Animation
- Creative Artists Agency, Los Angeles, CA, USA, for Chipotle, “Back to the Start “, Design, Motion Direction
- Psyop, Los Angeles, CA, USA for Fage, “Plain”, Design, Motion Cinematography
Photography: 18 ADC Cubes (4 Gold, 7 Silver, 7 Bronze, 6 Merit)
- EDG, Condé Nast, New York, NY, USA for Abstract Partners, “POWER Platon”, Photography, Magazine Editorial Miscellaneous
- Harper’s Bazaar, New York, NY, USA, in-house, “The Real Lady Gaga”, Photography, Magazine Editorial Fashion
- The New York Times Magazine, New York, NY, USA, in-house, “On Earth As It Is In Heaven”, Photography, Magazine Editorial Miscellaneous
- TIME Magazine, New York, NY, USA, in-house, “Beyond 9/11: Portraits of Resilience “, Photography, Magazine Editorial Miscellaneous
Illustration: 9 ADC Cubes (1 Gold, 4 Silver, 4 Bronze, 8 Merit)
- Laurence King Publishing, London, UK, in-house, “Let’s Make Some Great Art”, Illustration, General Book (Commercially Published)
Student: 19 ADC Cubes (6 Gold, 7 Silver, 6 Bronze, 7 Merit)
- Art College of Design, Pasadena, CA, USA, drug abuse PSA, "Get the Message", Design, Motion Motion Graphics
- Filmacademy Baden-Württemberg, Ludwigsburg, Germany, for Dirt Devil, “Exorcist”, Advertising, Broadcast Craft, Art Direction
- Miami Ad School, San Francisco, CA, USA, for Homeless Youth Alliance, “Keep the Meter Running”, Advertising, Ambient/Environmental Stunts/Guerrilla
- School of Visual Arts, New York, NY, USA, in-house, “SVA Portfolio Screening 2011”, Design, Motion/TV Identities/Openings/Teasers
- University of the Arts, Bremen, Germany, for Das Magazin, “Der Schöne Mann”, Design, Editorial Design/Magazine/Full Issue
- University of North Texas, Denton, TX, USA, for Pandora Radio, “Poster Series”, Advertising, Poster or Billboard Promotional
Art Directors Club Creative Week events
ADC 91st Annual Awards Gala:
Tuesday, May 8, 2012, 6:30 pm cocktails, 8:00 pm awards presentation
Espace, 630 West 42nd St. between 11th-12th Ave, New York http://www.espaceny.com
Attire: creative black tie
To purchase tickets, please visit http://www.adcglobal.org/adc/events/calendar/#328.
ADC 91st Annual Awards Exhibition
Wednesday, May 9, 2012 opening, cocktail reception 4:00-7:00 pm
Exhibition runs May 10-24, 2012, Monday-Friday, 10:00 am-6:00 pm, free admission, open to the public
ADC Gallery, 106 West 29th St., New York
The complete list of ADC 91st Annual Awards Gold, Silver, Bronze and Merit winners will be posted shortly. To view the list, please visit http://www.adcawards.org/winners/.
Keep fighting the good fight.